Effective date: December 11, 2019
Kodex, an Indiana corporation (“Kodex,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
**COLLECTION OF INFORMATION. **
Personal information refers to information that is connected to Your name and may include things such as Your email address, mailing address, and telephone number, location, demographic information, photographs, and payment card information. The following personal information is collected by or on behalf of Kodex:
Collection of Personal Information from Users. Kodex collects personal information when Users voluntarily submit it to us. For example:
- User Profile:We collect information when You create or update Your User Account. This may include Your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers such as social security number, driver’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of Drivers. This also includes the preferences and settings that You enable for Your User Account.
- Background Check Information:We may collect background check information if You sign up as a Driver. This may include information such as Your driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a service provider on Kodex’s behalf.
- Demographic Data:We may collect demographic information about You, including through user surveys.
- User Content:We may collect information that You submit when You contact Kodex customer support, provide Reviews, or otherwise contact Kodex.
Collection of Other Information. In addition to personal information that we may receive or collect from You, Kodex may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- Cookies:“Cookies” are small bits of information that the Platform places on the hard drive of Your computer. Cookies remember information about Your activities on the Platform to make Your visits to the Platform more enjoyable and valuable to You by providing a customized experience and recognizing Your preferences when You visit the Platform. If You’ve chosen to disable cookies on Your browser, some of the functionality of the Platform may be lost. Certain Services provided by Kodex, require that cookies be enabled in Your browser and cannot be used when You have disabled cookies in Your browser.
- Flash Cookies:(also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web Beacons or Clear Pixels:Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that You select or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web Server Logs:Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages You request to Your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term You entered or the link You clicked to bring You the webpage. The web server log also may record information about Your browser, such as Your IP address and the cookies set on Your browser by the server.
- Location Information:We may collect information about the location of Your device if You provide Your consent. For more details on how to modify Your location preferences, please see the “Access & Choice” Section below.
- Device Information:We may collect information about the mobile device or computer You use to access the Platform, including without limitation the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Social Networking Sites:If You log into Your User Account through single sign-in services (e.g., Facebook Connect), You provide Kodex with permission to access certain information about You from that social networking site, such as Your Facebook User ID, user profile, friends list, and profile picture.
USE OF INFORMATION.
Kodex’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide You with products, services, and content that match Your interests. Kodex may also use personal information it collects for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To help diagnose problems with our Platform, to administer our Platform, and to enhance the Platform for optimal User experience.
- To monitor the usage and performance of our Platform, and to determine aggregate information about our Users and usage patterns.
- To send Users materials, updates, information and special offers from us and promotional material from other Users of the Platform and our partners.
- To provide and deliver the products and services You select through the Platform, process payments and other Charges and send You related information, such as confirmations and receipts.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Platform.
- To contact Users for information verification purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION.
Kodex may disclose personal information to companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Kodex). Unless stated otherwise in a Promotion, we do not disclose Your information with third parties to directly market to You, but we may market to You on behalf of such third parties that would like to send You information about their products and services. For example, Kodex may offer a Promotion in conjunction with a co-sponsor that may have special offers or services that might be of interest to our Users. We may extend to You special offers from the co-sponsor that may be of interest to You. We may also disclose certain information about Users who used our Services through a Promotion with a co-sponsor, provided that we notify such Users in a Promotion that their information may be disclosed with the co-sponsor.
Kodex may disclose Your information with service providers that perform services for Kodex, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing User data, and processing payment card information. There may also be instances when Kodex may disclose Your information without providing You with a choice in order to:
- Protect the legal rights of Kodex, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents, and contractors.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Kodex.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- Honor a request that You have made through the Platform.
- Protect the safety and security of other Users.
- Protect against fraud or for risk management purposes.
- Comply with the Law or legal process.
In addition, if Kodex sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, Kodex may transfer Your information to a third party as part of that transaction.
SOCIAL SHARING OF INFORMATION.
The Platform may offer You the ability to share Your information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables You to share information about Yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that You have established with such social networking site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
PUBLIC FORUM AND MESSAGING.
Kodex may offer chat rooms and bulletin boards. Please note that information that You disclose in these public forums become public. Use caution in disclosing any information. The Platform may also allow You to exchange messages with other Users. We may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow You to manage them.
ACCESS AND CHOICE.
Kodex has implemented the following procedure that You may use to access, correct, or delete personal information, or choose how Your information is used:
- If You would like to know the types of information that Kodex collects from Users to its Platform, please email or write Kodex at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
- If You would like to know whether Kodex has collected personal information about You please send us the activities and services that You participated in on the Platform that requested personal information. After reviewing the relevant databases, Kodex will confirm whether Kodex has collected such information about You and provide a list of Your personal information that we have on file.
- If Your personal information is incorrect, You may correct the personal information by sending a written request for correction to Kodex’s Privacy Officer at the address below. Your request must include: (a) all of the incorrect personal information that You wish to change, (b) the corrected personal information, and (c) Your signature authorizing such changes. Kodex will then correct the Personal Information in our database and send a written confirmation to You.
- If You wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from Kodex, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If You opt out of marketing communications, we may still send You non-promotional communications, such as those about Your User Account or to fulfil ongoing business transactions.
- Some web browsers and devices permit You to broadcast a preference that You not be “tracked” online. At this time Kodex does not modify Your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
- Kodex uses User's device location information. Location data helps improve our services, including pickups, navigation, and customer support. You may enable/disable, or adjust, Kodex's collection of rider location information at any time through the privacy settings menu in the Application, or via the settings on Your mobile device. If You disable the device location services on Your device, Your use of the Application will be affected.
- California Residents.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with the additional rights listed below.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using the following method:
Email: You may write to us to exercise rights. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner. Please email us at email@example.com.
Response Timing. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within as soon as possible. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Attn: Privacy Officer
330 N College Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46202
If Kodex needs or is required, to contact You concerning your personal information or any event that involves You, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.